Hans Blog of Fun Talkery

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Buckethead at the TLA

Yeah, quite an amazing spectacle did a spectasize last night with my friends Aaron Marks, Ben Skamla, my father, and his friend AJ. When we got there the Paul Green school of rock was playing and well they never disappoint. For those of you who don't know about the Paul Green school of rock they are a local music school fro teenage musicians and they often open for various concerts in the area and they always do a VERY good job. You can check them out here. Well after that we waited an hour for That One Guy to open. He came out and did his thing which was pretty indescribable... He plays this thing called the Magic Pipe and he also palys a boot. Like i thing his intruments are all proximity based and very similar to theramin's but I'm not sure. I was up almost in the front and I noticed that The Magic Pipe is held together with duct-tape. Yeah.

Ok. So now That One Guy is done but he doesnt take his Magic Pipe with him when he leaves the stage. 20 minutes later he walks on stage again. At this point I was thinking "This is gonna be really fucked up" becasue I knew that Buckethead, Pinchface, and that one guy where all going to be playing on the same stage at once. So yeah Buckethead started and it was great. When I see him live I can never follow what song he is playing but its all good anyway. (oh yeah this was my second time seing Buckethead)

So on to the second set I guess it was around midnight when the second set started. At intermission I had purchased an official Buckethead T-Shirt and before that was given a big KFC bucket from some random dude in the audience. Well the second set was just a freaky as the first and now I was starting to look like the ultimate Buckethead fan-boy. GIFT TIME!!!
Buckethead always gives out gifts to his loyal fans towards the end of the second set and this time I decided I would give him a present. So I did I brought him a toy car. When he was giving out his gifts I handed him the car which he took and handed me THE BIG TOY! He handed me the bigest toy he was holding a Rock&Learn Guitar. Now I looked really cool...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home