Hans Blog of Fun Talkery

Friday, May 26, 2006

8 years and I still enjoyed it.

I have been unable to play Everquest 2 of late which is how I spend about 50% of all my time on the computer (so on a school day i usually play at least an hour or more each day)
but anyway, I was digging through my old PSone games and I came across Final Fantasy VII which is one of my favorite games of all time. unfortunantly disc 1 was missing. I looked through more of my games and pulled out Metal Gear: Solid. I hadn't played this for over 3 years i would think and i dont belive i ever even finished it. I put it in and started playing, it was alittle hard to get used to (especially since i kept comparing it to the Splinter Cell series and it was made in 1998) but i got hooked. Still to this day i rarely see games with such a rich plot. The game almost plays like a movie at times. It also used some very innovative techniques with interacting with the player and using the Dual Shock controller.

I finished the game in two days with a total playtime of 13:13:31 (hours:minutes:seconds) on easy mode.
I had 42 saves, 46 continues, found 47 times by the enemy, killed 162 enemies, and consumed 90 rations.
I got the codename "Comodo Dragon"
and the special items "Stealth"

I'm thinking about buying one of the earier games or more recent games in the series. I have finally opened my eyes to the genius of this series.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This blog is less fun than I expected. The layout doesn't look horrible, though.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    At least i dont talk about the insecurities a felt around my black coworkers after accidentally singing the "N" word

     

Post a Comment

<< Home